So, I’ve been struggling lately, right? I figured, you know, the problem is all the world-building stuff. It’s kind of stifling, not doing anything else (writing-wise).
That was why I figured, you know, try something else for a while.
And what to do but try a few days of quick writing prompts?
So I sit down with Pitchstorm and pull out a set of cards.
I end up writing for all of nine minutes. Only 341 words.
It was an awful combination of cards. Two of them were too specific and the third one fit too well with the third. (Which sounds kinda backwards, but…)
Anyway, since it wasn’t much time spent, I figured “okay, I’ll just try again.” And I got these cards…
I mean, even if you were playing the actual game, it wouldn’t work right.
So, I decide to try again.
Again, it just doesn’t work for me. It’d probably be no good for the game, too. The pieces fit too smoothly to be funny, and they’re too “not me” to stir me up to anything.
So I decided to try that Photoshop map tutorial.
It was awful.
The end result looked more like someone sneezed on my monitor than like I made a map.
To cap it all off, I didn’t even start the timer, and I have zero idea how long I spent on that disaster.
So my total time for today ended up only being nine minutes, because by the time I was done with this garbage, I was just plain done.
Total time in July to date: 26:21:26.31.